Science Fiction Book Night crawlers

 Hello everyone, Skip Norch here interviewing new science fiction author Patrick Barnes. Patrick has just released his first science fiction book NIGHTCRAWLERS available now on Amazon.

 

I have just finished reading this scifi story and I can tell you this book is a scary one with both sci-fi and horror elements.

 

Patrick, can you give us an overview of the book?

 

It takes place in present day. Mysterious and hideous creatures begin snatching people outside at night. It happens all over the world and thousands of people are taken every month. The creatures, nine-foot monstrosities that materialize out of thin air, snatch the victims wherever they are and disappear with the victim in seconds. There are no clues, evidence and governments have no way to stop this.

 

I can’t tell you any more with spoilers, but I can say that this scifi book is a suspense-filled, wild ride.

 

Patrick what came first for you when writing this book - the plot or the characters?

 

The plot for this science fiction book came first absolutely.  I walk a lot at night for exercise. The idea for NIGHTCRAWLERS came to me one night when I was walking and thinking about science fiction. Talk about scaring yourself! LOL.

 

Did it take you a long time writing this novel? Probably about two years start to finish. I know some writers of fiction and science fiction are very fast. It varies for me as my job keeps me very busy during the week. I mostly write on the weekends.

 

There were some very scary moments in this book. Have you every considered writing a horror novel?

 

Science fiction writing is my main focus even though Nightcrawlers definitely has its horror moments. I guess anything is possible.

 

What do you hope readers will take away from Nightcrawlers?

 

I just want to grab readers and take them on a wild journey where they get into the characters and the story and absolutely can’t put it down. Then maybe when they are walking at night sometime, they think of my story and perhaps walk home a little faster. I am evil like that. 😊

 

Let’s change gears for a second. Why is your Twitter handle SciFiSherpa?

 

Well, that’s a fun story as my day job actually involves science fiction. My previous boss during a meeting called me a Sci-Fi Sherpa as a compliment and I liked the term so much I use it for my Twitter handle. I think it’s pretty good description. Sherpas in the Himalayas are known for begin incredible tough, hard workers. While I may not be the best at what I do, I will damn sure work hard on whatever I am doing whether it be writing science fiction, my job or playing ice hockey which another passion of mine.

 

Can you share an excerpt from the book.

 

Excerpt from the book NIGHTCRAWLERS:

 

Hours later Caroline, Josh and Mike opened the water bottle and retrieved the note sealed in a plastic bag. They all stared silently looking at the message. After months of searching and over 100,000 lost souls they had an answer to the question. Not the only question, but one that scientists, governments, religions and families all wanted and needed to know. Who were the Nightcrawlers?

 

The answer arrived for three members of the Resistance on a farm in West Virginia.

 

The carefully folded note had only six words on it. The words were made using store bought letter stencils glued to a single sheet of white paper. The sentence spoke volumes to what was happening, but also brought more questions.

 

Mike looked at the note and ground his teeth, quietly and mad. He turned on his heel and walked out of the barn.

 

Josh stared at the note and thought what this meant to The Resistance. The note did not solve or fix what was going on. In fact, it made things even harder. Taking a last look at the note, he felt very tired and also left.

 

Carolyn, now alone in the barn, looked at the note with tears in her eyes.

 

Can you share your book and author links?

 

NIGHTCRAWLERS available now on Amazon.

Amazon:    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09VF16BM5

 

Patrick Barnes

Website:    www.SciFiSherpa.com

Twitter:    @SciFiSherpa  

Popular posts from this blog

Helpful Tips for Effective Link Building Before you Submit Article on a Website

Prop Review for Trading: How Does a Prop Trading Company Work?

Decentralized Hedge Fund (DHF): An Honest Review from an Investor